Nikolai Lockertsen, Lead Art Director and Concept Artist, teaches you the secrets of fantastic creature design using Procreate on the iPad. From thumbnails to a final concept, surface, colour, lighting and scale techniques are explained. Unleash your creativity today!
01. Introduction. 01:00
02. Sketching thumbnail variations of some creatures. 16:34(Log in to watch this chapter for free.)
03. Taking 1 thumbnail and developing it further in 4 directions. 12:55
04. Selecting one colour study and adding finer detail. 09:16
05. Environment additions to add scale, grounding and depth. 02:59
06. Adding the final details and adjusting colours and contrast. 06:15
Total course time: 0:47:32 minutes
Once the course is purchased, you will be able to download the original, full-size, finished artwork here.
This course is held by one of the world’s leading Art Directors – Nikolai Lockertsen.
Nikolai works as an Art director, Concept Artist and Matte Painter in the movie and TV industry. He has an impressive career behind him, having worked on such movies as “Troll Hunter”, Oscar-nominated “Kon Tiki”, “Max Manus” and “The Mortal Instruments”, to name but a few.
He regularly works with Hollywood Director Harald Zwart and continues to develop his art to stunning new levels. He is often travelling between movie locations and international film studios, and his iPad always travels with him.
In this video from Savage Interactive (the makers of Procreate), he talks about why he enjoys using Procreate for iPad so much: