Nikko walks you through the creation of "Tough Santa". There's a seasonal theme, but universal techniques and skills. You'll also get a behind-the-scenes view of his thought processes along the way as he creates this tough Winter Wonderland.
Nikko takes you on an amazing, creative journey with the iPad as your sketchbook. He guides you step-by-step, revealing how to get the most out of this inspiring new art tool.
Note: This course is structured for students with an intermediate knowledge of Procreate. A basic understanding of the interface and tools is recommended.
Starting with a blank canvas and ending with a stunning, richly detailed artwork, this course is a step-by-step look at how Nikko constructs one of his images. He narrates the complete process and gives us an insight into his thought processes and his advice on how to make an image stand out from the rest of the crowd.
He also reveals tips and tricks that you can use to get more out of your artwork.
Highlights from the course include:
The complete process of creating an artwork with detailed commentary by Nikko himself
Tool tips and techniques you can use immediately in your own artwork
Exclusive downloadable brushes created by Nikko, the complete uninterrupted timelapse video, and more!
01. Introduction. 01:00
02. Roughing out the background. 05:38
03. Roughly blocking in the character. 08:19
04. Dropping in some colour and playing with the palette. 02:44
05. Adding foreground elements to give the scene depth. 08:31
06. Building up more detail on the character. 12:35
07. Refining the silhouette and continuing with more character detail. 07:59
08. Replacing the head and hat and blocking out the skin tones. 05:38
09. Adding finer details to the face and hat. 10:37
10. Adjusting the temperature of the scene and putting in more snow detail. 18:48
11. Defining highlights and giving the scene some noise, grain and texture. 06:08
12. Giving the image some final professional adjustments. 04:42 Total course time: 01:32:42 hours
Exclusive to this course are a selection of the brushes that Nikko used.
Once you have purchsed the course, you will be able to import them to Procreate from your iPad here:
Rough Tip brush
Splatter Chunky brush
You will also be able to download the original, full-size, finished artwork as shown in this course here.
This course is held by one of the world’s leading iPad Artists – Nikolai Lockertsen.
Nikolai works as an Art director, Concept Artist and Matte Painter in the movie and TV industry. He has an impressive career behind him, having worked on such movies as “Troll Hunter”, Oscar-nominated “Kon Tiki”, “Max Manus” and “The Mortal Instruments”, to name but a few.
He regularly works with Hollywood Director Harald Zwart and continues to develop his art to stunning new levels. He is often travelling between movie locations and international film studios, and his iPad always travels with him.
In this video from Savage Interactive (the makers of Procreate), he talks about why he enjoys using Procreate for iPad so much: